Post by PoisonousAnchovie on Nov 27, 2016 11:01:54 GMT -6
NAPW (North American Pro Wrestling) put on another great show last Saturday night (11-26-16) at the Hickory Grove Banquet Center in Rochelle, IL. The holiday weekend did put a headlock on the gate but the fans in attendance were very enthusiastic. Awesome to see the great "The Articulator" Steve Kenton as master of ceremonies.
1. Malex Mathews put up a good effort but fell short in his quest to defeat Top Gun Alpha. A very good opening contest. Alpha won with a double DDT.
2. Woody Maguire won by DDQ over "The Real" Nick Cutler as a result of a low blow. probably the best match of the night. Very good back-n-forth action. Cutler made an appearance on RAW not too long ago in a tag match against Sheamus & Cesaro.
3. "The Outlaw" Jay Kross & "The Redneck" Joey Marburry battled to a NO CONTEST when DOJ came to ringside with a fork. Kross attacked DOJ's handler the Walking Boss before the show. Kross dominated the majority of the contest.
4. The Rage (Mitch Blake & Skruball) hit a homerun by scoring a W over England's own Charles Brexit & the Frenchman Francois Becaon. Very patriotic contest as the rage out-muscled their opponents.
5. "The Beer Drinking Legend" Joey Brittain scored a pinfall over "The Visionary" Nate Quest. Quest originally scored a pinfall when the official was knocked to the arena floor and the second official was clearly in cahoots with Quest. The match was re-started by the first official and a clean pin was earned for Brittain.
6. The main event was a mixed 5-on-5 Survivor Series match with "the Italian Warhorse" Anthony Antonelli as special guest referee. Antonelli did call it down the middle.
"The Difference" Joey Rose, Jack Carpenter, DOJ, Woody Maguire & the lovely, gorgeous & totally sexy KaDance Kelli defeated the NAPW Champion TJ Steel, Lexi Steel, "The Real" Nick Cutler, Malex Mathews & "The Outlaw" Jay Kross.
A) DOJ & Jay Kross were both counted out. B) Malex Mathews & Jack Carpenter were also both counted out. C) Nick Cutler pinned Woody Maguire. D) Joey Rose pinned Nick Cutler E) Lexi Steel was DQed for delivering a low blow F) KaDance Kelli pinned TJ Steel with her foot on top of his chest.
Sole Survivors: KaDance Kelli & Joey Rose
-A sad note was Antonelli announced his retirement after 14 years due to back injury. He challenged Joey Rose to a steel cage match. Joey accepted and a brawl began after the match to close the show. Antonelli will forfeit his Illinois State Championship. No date has been given yet for the match. I've watched Antonelli for a majority of his career. Always gave his best. Wishing him all the best.
- NAPW returns to Rochelle on Dec. 17th. Please check Facebook or the CPW website for more info and matches. I will gladly pass anything along when Joey gives me any info. A great show and hope to see a good crowd in Dec.
Post by PoisonousAnchovie on Oct 9, 2016 10:16:39 GMT -6
NAPW (North American Pro Wrestling) made its first appearance since March at the Hickory Grove Banquet Center in Rochelle, IL last Saturday night (Oct. 8th). Their last show in March drew an impressive 200 fans. This particular show drew around 100 fans but they were very vocal and excited to return. Hopefully the layoffs between shows won't be as long. Nice to see young Anthony Muratore and his mom along with CPW message board great slacker at the show.
The event opened up with all the NAPW stars entering the ring for a traditional ten-bell salute to honor the late Joshua DeLand. Josh is the younger brother of NAPW owner Joey Rose. He recently passed away from cystic fibrosis at the age of 24. He was a great kid who loved wrestling and was so excited to be at the shows cheering on his older brother.
1. Nate Quest won a triple threat match over the Amazing Joey Brittain and Malice Mathews. Great opening contest.
2. Woody McGuire defeated Braun the Lumberjack in a #1 Contenders match for the Illinois State Championship.
3. Jack Carpenter scored a DQ victory over the Illinois State Champion "The Italian Warhorse" Anthony Antonelli when the current NAPW Champion TJ Steel got involved. Easily match of the night with "This is Awesome" chants.
4. DOJ won by DQ in a handicapped match against "The Outlaw" Ryan Kross and Backwoods Brown.
5. TJ Steel successfully defended both the NAPW championship and the brand new Second City Championship in a four corners Halloween match over "The Difference" Joey Rose thanks to Antonelli turning heel. Both Grin and Machine were involved and ended up brawling back to the locker room.
-NAPW has a show on Oct. 23rd at the Genoa-Kingston High School.
-NAPW returns to Rochelle in November and December. Please check the CPW upcoming show section or Facebook for more info.
-Fans have been begging for the ultimate NAPW dream match between Joey Rose and the Lethal and Deadly Joey Brittain. Fans, make your voices heard and let the powers to be in NAPW sign this historic match.
-Congrats to Joey Rose and the ever-so-gorgeous KaDance Kelli for reuniting to form the Blue and Gold Fusion.
Post by PoisonousAnchovie on Mar 27, 2016 9:55:33 GMT -6
NAPW (North American Pro Wrestling) made it's long awaited return to the Hickory Grove Banquet Center in Rochelle, IL. It's been months since they put on a show. Their last show at the Genoa-Kingston high school drew over 300 fans back in late November. Last night's show drew a surprisingly 200 fans. It was an all ages show with many returning fans and new supporters. CPW's own slacker was in attendance. Can never go wrong when NAPW's Babes the jaw-dropping "Eccentric" Erin the Enigma and the mouth-watering Kadance Kelli are i the house.
1. The new team called Top Guns defeated Bullet Proof and the French Cactus. Short match but it got the crowd energized. Three of the four competitors wore masks.
2. TJ Steel cashed in Steel's Deal which is his version of the Money-in-the-Bank briefcase to capture the NAPW Championship from D.O.J.
3. The Punisher 747 made his debut by choke slamming Ricky the Janitor for the win. Huge pops for the Punisher who was built like the late Umaga and wore a mask similar to Kane. A speedy recovery to Ricky who was actually injured during the bout.
4. Nate Quest used the ropes to score an upset victory over "The Italian Warhorse" Anthony Antonelli. Very physical contest with stiff shots throughout. Nate stole my half-eaten hotdog which I expect a refund at the next show.
5. "The Difference" Joey Rose beat "The Outlaw" Jay Kross in a no holds barred match. They fought all over the building and steel chairs, a bull rope and even a garbage can was used. Major crowd pops during this match.
6. Jack Carpenter won over Colin Smith. Smith attacked Carpenter after the match concluded. One of the top turnbuckles came undone during the match.
7. Grin scored a DQ victory over the new NAPW Champion TJ Steel when DOJ got involved. Joey Rose stormed ringside to make the save for Grin. Steel was put through a table in Dudley Boys 3D fashion. The crowd was sent home extremely happy.
NAPW has not announced its next show yet for Rochelle. Might be sometime in May. Since the company's last two shows did very well and they are developing a strong word-of-mouth, wouldn't be too smart to have another delay between shows. Check the NAPW Facebook page or the upcoming shows section on this website in the upcoming weeks for more information when it is made available.